Saltwater Trolling Motors
- Specially treated and built to withstand corrosive saltwater environments
- Bow mounts are most common. Transom mounts are more affordable, but offer less precise steering.
- For boat-specific recommendations, see our top-picks for off-shore center console and flats boats
Please remember that boat weight is the most important criteria to use when selecting an appropriate motor size. Boat length is provided as a helpful guideline but should not be used as a primary determinant of motor size. If you're unsure how much your boat weighs, you can look it up in the NADA boat directory.
"Performance Thrust" recommendations are if you'll use the motor in strong currents or waves, or if you simply want extended run time and power. For more information please see our trolling motor thrust guide.
Top Staff Recommendations - Saltwater
Riptide SE 55
- Affordable saltwater peformance
- Variable speed motor, quality mount
- Starting around $700
Riptide ST 80
- Powerful 80 lbs, 24-volt motor
- Wireless control, optional GPS i-Pilot
- Starting around $1,100
All Saltwater Motors