Introducing The MotorGuide Xi3 Trolling Motor
New for the 2018 model year, MotorGuide is introducing the Xi3 line of trolling motors, designed to replace their Wireless series and take on the Minn Kota PowerDrive motors.
Although we haven’t yet heard any on the water reviews from TrollingMotors.net customers, at first glance, MotorGuide has created some compelling reasons to give their Xi3 a close look. It includes some some nice features and improvements over the PowerDrive.
1. Wireless control is standard out of the box. Whereas Minn Kota employs a wired foot pedal, MotorGuide comes standard with a wireless handheld. This is a nice feature as it keeps your deck uncluttered and reduces your chance of tripping over anything when the record-breaker is on the line!
2. MotorGuide is introducing SecureStep, their new Stow and Deploy mechanism that they claim requires 50% less effort than the PowerDrive. While we love the PowerDrive motors, there is no question that the existing stow and deploy system has always been one of a number of reasons to upgrade to the Terrova. We’re anxious to hear real world feedback.
3. Quieter than the PowerDrive. MotorGuide has often talked about their motors being quieter than Minn Kota, and here again they are making that claim. Personally, we think the motors are all quiet enough to not pose any problems as far as fish are concerned, but it’s always nice to reduce noise wherever you can, if nothing more to increase enjoyment of your time out on the water.
4. Pricing. Looks like the MotorGuides are going to come in very competitive to Minn Kota. So with the advanced features, this is a notable value improvement and should be welcome news to price-conscious buyers.
5. Miscellaneous. All Xi3 motors can be upgraded to Pinpoint GPS; feature composite shafts; encapsulated electronics; Machete III three blade props; and corrosion-resistant anodized aluminum mounts.
We’ll hold off from celebrating until we get a few months of sales and on the water feedback, but it looks like MotorGuide has put together a nice replacement for their Wireless Series and a meaningful competitor to the Minn Kota PowerDrive.
"After BassPro couldn't answer my question, I called TrollingMotors.net. The representative was really knowledgeable and answered my question right away! These guys definitely know their stuff and I'd recommend them for any major motor investment to ensure you get the right equipment."
- Anthony G., Kingsland, TX
"TrollingMotors.net was the most informative trolling motor site I found online! When I had questions the site didn't cover, their knowledgeable staff was friendly and helpful. If you're looking to buy a motor - especially a larger one - I would recommend these guys as they will definitely take care of you."
- Jason B., Lake Charles, TX
"The personal service provided was fantastic. They responded very quickly to my emails and phone calls. The order was delivered faster than expected. I will definitely (and already have) told others that this is the only place to go for trolling motors."
- Alan W., Metairie, LA
"I'm so happy I bought from TrollingMotors.net. Not only did they have the motor I was looking for, but I also saved a lot of money."
- David S., Okeechobee, FL
"My $1,500 Terrova 80 i-Pilot purchase was a big investment so I was a little nervous ordering my motor online, but I'm sure glad I chose TrollingMotors.net! When a UPS error delayed delivery, TrollingMotors.net ended up sending another motor to me so I'd have it in time for my tournament."
- Rusty H., East Sparta, OH
"TrollingMotors.net was extremely helpful when UPS damaged my Minn Kota Riptide trolling motor. They arranged for replacement parts to be sent out to me immediately - at no cost - and were very prompt with and follow-up calls and emails. I've been recommending TrollingMotors.net."