Freight Forwarding Companies
International Delivery with Freight Forwarding Companies
Unfortunately, we're unable to ship outside of the Continental U.S. due to the complexities and costs of shipping large, heavy motors. So if you'd like to order a motor outside the United States we recommend using a freight forwarding company.
How it Works
Here's how freight forwarding works:
- You open an account with them and receive a U.S. based address to have your order shipped to.
- You place an order with us and have the motor shipped directly to them. This costs nothing as we offer free shipping within the U.S. We *strongly* recommend using PayPal to place your order with us if you are based abroad. International credit cards are often declined due to stringent address verification requirements stemming from fraud control.
- Once the freight forwarding company receives your shipment, they'll manage the process to have it shipped internationally to you. With large items like trolling motors, they will often arrange to have it shipped via boat which is significantly cheaper than having it sent via airmail. Many international customers will often have numerous items forwarded at a time (from different retailers / stores) to bundle and save on shipping costs.
Getting an Estimate
Most freight forwarder websites have calculators on their site so you can quickly get a shipping quote to your country. To get an accurate quote, you'll need to provide them with the box dimensions and weight of the trolling motor. We try to include this information for all motor models on each product page under the 'Specs' tab, as seen below:
For your convenience, we've lised a few well-known freight forwarding companies below:
- MyUS ('A+' rating with the Better Business Bureau, an organization that rates business reputations)
- Bongo International ('A' rating with the Better Business Bureau, an organization that rates business reputations)
- Ship2Anywhere (Based in Austraila, offering US forwarding services)
SHIPPING DAMAGE: We can only take responsibility for the condition of items shipped within the United States. Damage that results from freight forwarding and/or is not identified prior to forwarding is the responsibility of the customer.
WARRANTIES: Minn Kota and MotorGuide warranties are only valid within the United States.
"After BassPro couldn't answer my question, I called TrollingMotors.net. The representative was really knowledgeable and answered my question right away! These guys definitely know their stuff and I'd recommend them for any major motor investment to ensure you get the right equipment."
- Anthony Gentile, Carlstadt
"TrollingMotors.net was the most informative trolling motor site I found online! When I had questions the site didn't cover, their knowledgeable staff was friendly and helpful. If you're looking to buy a motor - especially a larger one - I would recommend these guys as they will definitely take care of you."
- J. Bermudez, Yuma, Arizona
"I called due to the free shipping and no sales tax, but ended up impressed with the service! I'll definitely keep you guys in mind for my next purchase!"
- Jim James Follon, Burnsville, MN
"I'm so happy I bought from TrollingMotors.net. Not only did they have the motor I was looking for, but I also saved a lot of money."
- David Sharp, Okeechobee, FL.
"My $1,500 Terrova 80 i-Pilot purchase was a big investment so I was a little nervous ordering my motor online, but I'm sure glad I chose TrollingMotors.net! When an address error delayed delivery, TrollingMotors.net ended up overnighting another motor to me so I'd have it in time for my weekend."
- Rusty Hines, East Sparta, OH
"TrollingMotors.net was extremely helpful when UPS damaged my Minn Kota Riptide trolling motor. They arranged for replacement parts to be sent out to me immediately - at no cost - and were very prompt with and follow-up calls and emails. I've been recommending TrollingMotors.net."